In our continuing efforts to partner with parents for the academic success of students, Jordan School District is providing parents with access to Canvas to observe their student’s progress. Canvas is the Learning Management System being used throughout the district.
We hope that this resource will:
- provide you with specific information about your student’s curricula, so you have a better understanding of the work that teachers and students are doing.
- use this information to communicate to students that the skills and content identified in these courses are important to master.
- provides you with an opportunity to ask students to share ideas and opinions about what is being learned.
Features in Canvas for parents
When you access Canvas, you will be able to see:
- course syllabus
- course assignments
- feedback on assignments (if appropriate)
- grades on individual assignments
IMPORTANT: The total grade in Canvas may be different than the term grade in Skyward. Skyward will continue to be the official record for student grades and all official Jordan School District communication. Please continue to use Skyward to monitor your student’s progress in each of the courses.